Second and Third Trimester Obsterical Ultrasound
Second and third trimester ultrasounds are performed for
- detection of fetal abnormalities
- fetal cardiac screening
- assessment of fetal growth
- amniotic fluid (AFI) evaluation
- placental position and evaluation for previa
- fetal gender determination
- twin evaluation
- evaluation of pregnancy complications including bleeding, pelvic pain, and preterm labor
- fetal position
- Biophysical Profile and fetal Doppler
We also provide genetic counseling services, non-invasive prenatal screening, and referrals for amniocentesis and CVS.
A fetal anatomic survey or Level 2 sonogram includes evaluation of the anatomy such as the brain, spine, heart, face, kidney and extremities to identify fetal anomalies.